The Election Committee has released the results of the election of Faculty Association Board of Directors members. Election ballots were issued to 2,541 electors (1837 ongoing members and 704 sessionals) using Simply Voting on February 15th, and voting closed on March 20th. A total of 579 ballots were received and counted, representing a response rate of 23 percent. There were two abstentions.
Kent Donlevy was elected by acclamation as President and Chair of the Board of Directors for a two-year term. Polly Knowlton Cockett was elected by acclamation to a one-year term in the designated sessional seat.
The Election Committee reports the results of the Board of Directors election as follows:
- Melanee Thomas (Faculty of Arts, Political Science) – 397
- Trevor Tombe (Faculty of Arts, Economics) – 384
- Karen Then (Faculty of Nursing) – 262
- Leighton Wilks (Haskayne School of Business) – 257
- Jason Wiens (Faculty of Arts, English) – 256
- Marie-Andrée Bergeron (Faculty of Arts, School of Languages, Linguistics, Literatures and Cultures) – 256
- Chris Sears (Faculty of Arts, Psychology) – 251
- Clara Joseph (Faculty of Arts, English) – 193
- Eugene Kowch (Werklund School of Education) – 159
The Election Committee has declared Melanee Thomas, Trevor Tombe, Karen Then, Leighton Wilks, Jason Wiens and Marie-Andrée Bergeron elected to three-year terms on the Board of Directors.
All positions are effective July 1, 2023.